On Wednesday, June 8th, 2022 Real Madrid graciously extended the contract of their superstar midfielder, Luka Modric, for another year which will keep Modric with the Real Madrid football club for at least the near future.
This decision by the Real Madrid organization will allow them to keep the entire midfield that helped their successful football team win in a record – extending 14th – European championship title this past season completely intact.
The now 36 – year – old Croatian – native footballer just recently signed a new contract with the Real Madrid Spanish soccer club that will run through June of 2023. Modric will definitely return to play next to his comrades Toni Kroos as well as Casemiro for the upcoming European football season, and that midfield trio for Real Madrid was a huge part of why Real Madrid has won 5 – Champions League titles over the previous 9 – seasons.
“Very happy to announce that I will continue playing for the best club in the world,” Luka Modric stated on both his Twitter as well as Instagram pages. “I’ve been fulfilling a dream for the last 10 seasons, and I remain with the same excitement and desire from the first day.”
As he posed right in front of the 14 – European championship trophies that were won by Real Madrid, Luka held up his Real Madrid football club jersey with his name and the number 2023 on the back for the sports media world to photograph and write about over the upcoming week or so.
Luka will be playing an 11th – season with Real Madrid following him joining from the English football club in Tottenham Hotspur way back in the year 2012. Modric has helped to facilitate the Real Madrid F. C. win a total of 20 – championship titles throughout his time with that powerhouse Spanish La Liga League club. Three out of those twenty championship title wins were specifically in Spanish leagues.
All of the financial details were not fully disclosed to the general public just yet, but his previous contract was set to expire at the end of this month so Real Madrid is happy to welcome back the veteran midfielder for at least the upcoming 2022 – 2023 European football season.
Real Madrid is absolutely retaining Luka, but they are already looking to add some young fresh blood to their midfield soon as well, as Kroos is 32 – years – old, and Casemiro is 30 – years – old as well.
During the past football season, Real Madrid just so happened to sign the 19 – year – old Eduardo Camavinga previously from Rennes, and now they are close to announcing another new deal with the 22 – year – old Aurélien Tchouaméni from Monaco. Camavinga played frequently during this last season, as did the 23 – year – old Federico Valverde, who has been with the senior club since back in the year of 2018.
Real Madrid has been able to save some money during the recent transfer windows, and they are expected to enhance their offensive attack after narrowly missing out on the signing of the strong striker, Kylian Mbappé, as the young and highly – talented French forward ultimately decided to resign with Paris Saint – Germain.
Gareth Bale and Francisco Isco are not going to stay with the Real Madrid for the upcoming football season, and the Spanish club is also anticipating Marco Asencio to possibly leave the team soon too.
In order to advance their defensive unit, Real Madrid has just worked out a deal to sign the former central defender from Chelsea in Antonio Rüdigeron a free transfer. They have also previously added the former Bayern Munich central defenseman, David Alaba, last season too.
Unfortunately, the veteran left – back in Marcelo is planning on the leaving the club so there is a lot of moving pieces during this offseason, but Real Madrid should be in great shape prior to the start of the upcoming season.
Real Madrid has just recently won a record – extending 35th – Spanish La Liga League championship title this past season, and they are looking to continue that grand tradition in the capital city of Spain over the next several years.
Luka Modric’s Football Career Achievements, Honors, & Awards
- Prva HNL: 2005 – 2006, 2006 – 2007, 2007 – 2008
- Croatian Cup: 2006 – 2007, 2007 – 2008
- Croatian Super Cup: 2006
- La Liga: 2016 – 2017, 2019 – 2020, 2021 – 2022
- Copa del Rey: 2013 – 2014
- Supercopa de España: 2012, 2017, 2019 – 2020, 2021 – 2022
- UEFA Champions League: 2013 – 2014, 2015 – 2016, 2016 – 2017, 2017 – 2018, 2021 – 2022
- UEFA Super Cup: 2014, 2016, 2017
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
- FIFA World Cup Runner – Up: 2018
- UEFA European Championship Team of the Tournament: 2008
- Tottenham Hotspur Player of the Year: 2010 – 2011
- UEFA Champions League Squad of the Season: 2013 – 2014, 2015 – 2016, 2016 – 2017, 2017 – 2018, 2020 – 2021
- UEFA Champions League Team of the Season: 2021 – 2022
- La Liga’s Best Midfielder: 2013 – 2014, 2015 – 2016
- FIFA FIFPro World11: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- La Liga’s Team of the Season: 2015 – 2016
- UEFA La Liga Team of the Season: 2015 – 2016
- FIFA Club World Cup Silver Ball: 2016
- ESPN Midfielder of the Year: 2016, 2017, 2018
- UEFA Team of the Year: 2016, 2017, 2018
- UEFA Champions League Midfielder of the Season: 2016 – 2017, 2017 – 2018
- IFFHS Men’s World Team: 2017, 2018
- FIFA Club World Cup Golden Ball: 2017
- FIFA World Cup Golden Ball: 2018
- FIFA World Cup Fantasy Team: 2018
- FIFA World Cup Dream Team: 2018
- UEFA Men’s Player of the Year Award: 2017 – 2018
- The Best FIFA Men’s Player: 2018
- IFFHS World’s Best Playmaker: 2018
- Ballon d’Or: 2018
- Goal 50: 2017 – 2018
- World Soccer Player of the Year: 2018
- AIPS Athlete of the Year: 2018
- Golden Foot: 2019
- IFFHS World Team of the Decade: 2011 – 2020
- IFFHS UEFA Team of the Decade: 2011 – 2020
- Real Madrid Player of the Season: 2020 – 2021
- Marca Leyenda Award: 2022
- Bosnian Premier League Player of the Year: 2003
- Croatian Football Hope of the Year: 2004
- HNL’s Footballer of the Year: 2007
- Prva HNL Player of the Year: 2007
- SN Yellow Shirt Award: 2007 – 2008
- Croatian Footballer of the Year: 2007, 2008, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- Football Oscar for Best Croatian Player: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- HNS Trophy for Best Croatian Player: 2018
- HOO Sportsman of the Year: 2018
- SN Sportsman of the Year: 2018
- Franjo Bučar State Award for Sport – Yearly Award: 2018
- Honorary Citizen of the City of Zadar: 2018
- Order of Duke Branimir: 2018
Azzoni, Tales. “Madrid extends Modric’s contract, keeps midfield intact”. The Associated Press. June 8, 2022.
Football Reference News Services. “Luka Modric”. Football Reference. June 9, 2022.
The post Real Madrid extends the Contract of midfielder Luka Modric for another Year appeared first on Casino News Daily.